ScenterBarks are always interested in hearing from people who have a clear interest in working with dogs. Please get in touch to discuss. To apply for any role please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are currently looking for an experienced self employed dog walker (approx. 30 hours a week or more) to join our highly renowned team. This person will be joining a young, dynamic and innovative crew who are all as dog mad as each other! Must have a good sense of humour and be able to handle a variety of situations.
- Monday to Friday (occasional weekends)
- Roughly between 9am to 3pm daily
- Up to 30 hours a week, with regular overtime.
- Paid per dog walked
The responsibilities will include:
- Walking a group of up to 6 dogs at a time, of all different sizes, on and off lead, for an hour. 2/3 walks a day.
- Keeping the dogs under control and watching their play and interactions constantly. Ability to mix the dog groups effectively and safely.
- Being responsible for Clients property.
- Meeting with prospective Clients to discuss their requirements.
- You will have a designated area but you may be asked to do a variety of locations.
- Covering holidays and sickness of the other walkers.
- Occasional work in the dog daycare centre where required.
- Keeping the vans well maintained and clean.
The person must:
- Be 25 years old or over in able to be insured on our vans and hold a clean drivers licence.
- Have experience with walking multiple dogs from different households.
- Have studied dog behaviour/training and use have an understanding of using positive reinforcement.
- Have great customer service skills.
- Be physically fit, this can be a demanding job which includes a lot of walking.
- Be DBS checked.
- Have great timekeeping, logistical and organisation skills.
- Be computer literate.
- Most importantly – have a love of dogs and can provide a high level of care.
We will provide:
- Fitted company van
- Dog walking equipment
- Full training
- Paid overtime
- Support from management and our dog walker team