The perfect role for the dog mad person! We are currently looking for an experienced Dog Walker to join our highly renowned team. This person will be joining a young, dynamic and innovative crew who are all as dog mad as each other! Must have a good sense of humour and be able to handle a variety of situations. The right candidate will gain a wealth of experience about dog behaviour, management and body language.
- Monday and Thursday
- 9am to 3pm daily approximately
- Approx 12 hours a week with regular overtime and opportunity for plenty of additional hours and potential for full time at a later date.
- Remuneration: Dependent on experience
The responsibilities will include:
- Walking a group of up to 6 dogs at a time, of all different sizes, on and off lead, for an hour. 2/3 walks a day
- Keeping the dogs under control and watching their play and interactions constantly. Ability to mix the dog groups effectively and safely.
- Being responsible for Clients property and keys.
- Meeting with prospective Clients to discuss their requirements.
- You will have a designated area but you may be asked to walk a variety of locations.
- Covering holidays and sickness of the other walkers. Ability to be flexible based on the business needs.
- Occasional work in the Dog Daycare Centre
- Keeping the vans well maintained and clean.
The person must:
- Hold a clean drivers licence and have held the licence for a minimum of 7 years
- Have experience with walking multiple dogs from different households
- Have studied dog behaviour/training and use have an understanding of using positive reinforcement.
- Have great customer service skills.
- Be physically fit, this can be a demanding job which includes a lot of walking.
- Be DBS checked.
- Have great timekeeping, logistical and organisation skills.
- Be computer literate.
- Most importantly – have a love of dogs and can provide a high level of care.
We will provide:
- Fitted company van
- Dog walking equipment
- Full training
- Paid overtime
- Support from management and our dog walker team